-->

Lanka Gossip Girl - Gossip Lanka News

Lanka Gossip Girl - Gossip Lanka News only from Lanka Gossip Girl Daily Gossip Lanka Hot and fast news Sri lanka news Sri Lanka Hot Sinhala news

ads

T R E N D I N G

Lata Pata - Gossip Lanka

Ad

English Edition

Gossip Lanka More

Former Ms Sri Lanka (2006) Jacqueline Fernandez began her acting career with Aladin (2009) opposite Riteish Deshmukh. Now another Ms Sri Lanka-Australia, (2007) Chandi Perera, has made her debut in a Riteish starrer Grand Masti. Although Aladin didn’t work at the box office, Jackie struggled till she made it with Murder 2, Housefull 2 and Race 2. Chandi’s career has begun with a bang with her debut being a monster hit.
About her predecessor Chandi says, “I haven’t met Jacqueline.

She is someone that I truly admire. How do I compare? I think I am a tad taller and better (laughs)! Just kidding! Really, hers and Katrina’s success gives a lot of strength to all outsiders who want to work here!”
Like Jackie, she too started off as a model. “I was approached to do an ad while I was waiting for a train in a Sydney metro! Ever since I did my first commercial I was dreaming of working as an actor. Then I worked in theatre and also in Sri Lankan films.”

She has already done an ad with Ajay Devgn, directed by Sanjay Gupta and hopes she can make a name for herself in B-Town, “I want to make it big in Bollywood. I believe behind every successful person there’s destiny, hard work, talent then there’s God.

Amitabhji started as a voice artist and took many years to get a lead role but look where he is today! Do I have those qualities? I will find out!”

When asked about the actresses she admires Chandi says she would love to work with Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor (please note: no mention of Jacqueline here) and adds, “In fact, there is a whole list of people I want to work with especially Amitabh Bachchan. I would probably forget to breathe or something if I really get to be in the same frame with him! Also, I don’t want to get stuck in the typical foreigner girl in Indian film roles. I don’t mind them at all but I want to play a different variation of roles!” (Courtesy DNA India)

Share this Post Share to Facebook

Gossip Lanka - eThalaya

Wonder Discovery

Photos